Filipinos are well-known because of their trademark of being hospitable and through their cultural celebrations and other religious events that all Filipinos are celebrated eventually. One of this is the celebration of feast of Saint John the Baptist to reminisced the baptismal ceremony of Saint John to Jesus Christ. Every 24th of June, we are celebrating this through “Basaan” as our way to glorify this event. We also take this as an opportunity to have a quality time with our families and relatives.
“Bungan-bungan Cold Spring: Where water is as cold as your ex. “
Bungan-bungan Cold Spring is one of the numerous cold springs that can be found in the Municipality of Nabas that caters hundreds of both of tourists and locals daily. A right place to unwind because of its cold water and peaceful ambiance. This cold spring is located in the secluded area of Brgy. Laserna, Nabas, Aklan.
According to Mary Grace Saligumba (a local from Brgy. Laserna) -this cold spring is unexpectedly discover by a local of Brgy. Laserna. Because of its natural terrain and peaceful ambiance they developed and open this to public last March 2017. Since then, hundreds of tourist has been recorded who visited the said place. There is no any fees, all you need to do is to rent a cottage that ranges from 100 up to 200 pesos. It varies on its size and location.
BSHRM3-A at Bungan-bungan Cold Spring
Mary Grace, Whine and Dexter planned for our outing and they suggested to us to celebrate the San Juan in this cold spring. Together with my BSHRM3-A family. We prefer to celebrate this occasion after a day in Bungan-bungan Cold Spring to avoid from multiple number of people who also celebrates the San Juan celebration.
6 hours of Enjoyment
- Walk- From Brgy. Laserna covered court, our group walked about more than 15 minutes to reach the said place.
- Eat- our celebration wouldn’t be complete without spoiling our tastebuds with great foods prepared by Angelica, Lovely and Guia. Boodle fight is always the best way of eating in this kind of environment. The banana leaves on our table are filled with steamed-rice, pancit (pinoy noddles recipe), hotdogs wrapped with lumpia wrapper and fried eggs.
- Drink- We spoiled our throat by drinking juices and liqours on our glass that are mixed and prepared by Euchien and Dexter. Ice cubes are not needed. Just put your bottled drinks in the water and wait until it becomes cold.
- Pose- This spring gives you a 360° naturalistic views. Sceneries that are perfect for your facebook and instagram updates. All you need to do is grab your camera and project in front of it.
- Swim- Indulge yourself with the perfect coldness of Bungan-bungan Cold Spring. A perfect water temperature to relax and free yourself from stress by soaking on its cold water.
All of us have its own ways in celebrating this religious celebration where we honor and glorify St. John because of his huge contribution in the biblical history of our Savior. We, as a believer- we must always put in our heart of what is this real essence of this celebration. VIVA SAN JUAN BAUTISTA.